Is winter a good time to visit Brevard NC and Pisgah National Forest? Most visitors come to the Brevard area during the summer for warmer temperatures, outdoor recreation activities, swimming holes in the cool mountain water, and summer camps. Fall is also a very popular time to visit for one of the most spectacular fall leaf color changes in the world.
Often overlooked by visitors, the winter and spring seasons are certainly some of the best times to visit Brevard NC and Pisgah National Forest. One of the biggest advantages to an off-season vacation is the absence of crowds, offering a special experience for solace and connection to nature.
10 Reasons an Off-Season Visit Makes for an Unforgettable Vacation
- Less crowded trails! Mountain bikers will rejoice at the splendid riding and solace they find without the crowds, and winter hikers are likely to find themselves surrounded by the sounds and sights of only the natural world.
- Fewer people on routes make for great rock climbing opportunities.
- You’ll enjoy peace and solitude at some of the most beautiful sunset spots in the Southeastern US. Winter sunrises and sunsets offer more vivid colors for your enjoyment due to the colder temperatures and lower sun angles in the sky.
- While in the Land of Waterfalls (there are more than 250 near Brevard NC!), you can try your hand at winter waterfall photography without having to account for other visitors potentially stepping into your picture! Learn more about top waterfalls for winter photography.
- Less of a crowd at downtown Brevard’s shops and restaurants will lend itself to an even more enchanting experience in this quaint small town with an eclectic mix of locals and mountain culture.
- Local attractions such as the Biltmore Estate have far less crowds, offering more intimate and rewarding experiences.
- Winter seasonal beers are available at local breweries, including stouts, porters, winter warmers, Christmas ales, and more! You can enjoy a peaceful afternoon out with your crew and some of the best craft beers in the country.
- Local rivers see far less action from competing fishermen during the off-season, allowing for anglers to enjoy private fishing holes. Learn more about fishing in the area.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway near Pilot Cove is closed to vehicles during the off season, allowing for hikers and cold-hardy cyclists to enjoy this national treasure with no vehicles.
- Try your hand at skiing! Skiing is available within 1.5 hours at Wolf Ridge in Mars Hill and Cataloochee Ski Area in Maggie Valley. There is nothing quite like fresh powder for soothing the soul!
If you want to keep away from the crowds, enjoy incredible views without leaves on the trees and capture some of the most amazing pictures, the off-season months are ideal times to visit Brevard NC and Pisgah National Forest. Learn more about things to do during winter in Brevard NC and Pisgah National Forest.
Are you looking to book your winter getaway to Brevard NC and Pisgah National Forest? Whether you are looking for an adventure, some rest and relaxation, or both, Pilot Cove offers the perfect affordable luxury accommodations for your vacation. Pilot Cove shares a ~1 mile border with Pisgah National Forest, offering the closest accommodations you can possibly find to the forest entrance without camping. Position yourself in the ideal location with the nicest accommodations! Learn more and book at pilotcove.com.
Looking for the ultimate guide to winter adventures in Brevard and Pisgah National Forest? Check out our Winter Adventure Guide!
Winter Getaway Special
Also, if you book a 3 or more night stay in any sized cabin during December 1st – 24th 2022 then you get 20% off your entire stay! If you book a 3 or more night stay in any sized cabin during January 2nd – March 1st 2023, then you get 33% off your entire stay! Our off-season rates are also reduced, so this passes on a great savings to you. (PLEASE NOTE: This offer excludes the nights of Dec 24th 2022 – Jan 1st 2023). Learn more about our winter getaway special.